Russian River Wine & food Pairing (6 images)
Return to the lifamgood homepage
Return to Lifeamgood Events
Click a picture to see a larger view.
We were blessed with a fabulous weekend and amazing weather for our jaunt up into the Russian River Wine country. Great, wine, food and company. There were beautiful drives through
windy country roads where the vines are turning red and yellow. There
was some simply amazing flavors and textures and sitting and chatting.
Let's see - Day 1
- Chateau Felice - An amazing dense chocolate tort
- Toad Hollow - Zuppa di Zucchini and Potatoes
- Lake Sonoma - Angel hair pasta with meyer lemon - refreshing and perfect with sauv blanc. So yummy, we made it when we got home. Even better hot.
- Thumbprint - Polenta al Gorgozola e Peperoni Arrostini and blue berries. Sweet, drownable food. Just want to consume by the platter
- Hanna - Grilled Lamb Shawarma/Carmelized Onions/Peppers. Good portions and wonderful with Syrah.
- Locals - Best place every. Wide spread of wine. Great music. Oh, and Mushroom bread pudding with a port wine reduction sauce
- Dutcher Crossing - Chricken with Herbed Goat cheese and basil
- Korbel - A pumpkin soup not on the menu and a refreshing harvest couscous salad.
- J Vineyards - Dunceness crab in soup that made me want fifths and sixths, corn and poblano chili bisque
- Rodney Strong - New York Yorkshires - ie beef on a cracker
- Acorn Winery - Flavorful New Mexico Harvest stew with acorn squash.
- Ridge Lytton Springs - Finger licken kalbi ribs
- Amphora - bridgets chili verdi
- Papietro - Mmmm.... wild mushroom mac and cheese
- Komodo - none (they're just in the same complex)
- Peterson - Fall lentil salad au vigneron
- Simi - nice plaza, no food left, but it was the end of the day, so we headed back via wending road and leafy pastoral